Wednesday, October 15, 2008

OPRAH

I'm not the biggest fan of Oprah, although I enjoy some of her topics. The women in her audience scare me, frankly. She's grown increasingly pretentious and out-of-touch - I guess that is what happens when you have more money than God. Yesterday, however, I was really excited to see that her topic was animal rights - Proposition 2 in CA. vs. factory farms. If approved by voters next month, the new regulations would go into effect in 2015. They would require cages to be large enough to allow egg laying hens, pregnant pigs and veal calves to be able to stand up, lie down, turn around and to be able to fully extend their limbs without touching the side of an enclosure or other egg-laying hens.


Here is Lisa Ling, investigating a "conventional farm" with 87, 000 chickens under one roof.



Oprah allowed both sides the floor. While I don't believe her show is available online, here are highlights on HER WEBSITE.

No comments: