Thursday, September 11, 2008

Apples!

After a breakfast of steel-cut oats with yummy market honey (Blu Ribbon Apiaries from Monticello), I arrived at work to find a big bag of just-picked apples on the table. My co-worker Tom said, "I thought of you and the local eating issue, and brought these in!" THAT is very cool, and it was so nice of him to go to the trouble. He'd picked them from his own tree, for all here to share. Thanks, Tom!

My apples, green beans, and peppers were all purchased from Kleiss Farm Produce last Saturday. They have a HUGE spread at the market with tons of different produce at really reasonable prices. The red peppers, at 75 cents each, were a delicious STEAL!

I can't think of any breakfast food that has filled me up like steel cut oats. Seriously...I eat all day long but at noonish, I'm only now starting to get hungry.

No comments: