Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Eggplant?

Oh, what's a girl to do with an eggplant? I have to confess that I threw an untouched one away from last week's Market trip - the only casualty and waste. I feel terrible, but I never did come up with a recipe other than eggplant parmesan (which I'd already made and frozen a while back). My friend Bettina made an excellent suggestion - "Roasted Eggplant and Pepper Salad," but I confess it's a bit too involved for me (and my lack of a food processor) during this crazy week. BUT...I found this recipe at All Recipes for spaghetti sauce - PERFECT! I'd planned to make my own sauce tonight, and this will combine both efforts. Phew. Glad that's resolved.

I never in my life thought I'd be worried about an eggplant.

Last night's swiss chard was a success! It's very much like spinach. I tried red wine vinegar instead of lemon juice, and that was pretty okay. I was shocked that a huge bundle of leaves cooked down so quickly, but it was still more than enough for me!

So what do YOU do with eggplant?

No comments: