Friday, September 12, 2008

Makin' a list...

...and checking it repeatedly, I'm sure. It's time to start thinking about what I'm going to buy tomorrow for week #2 of The Farmer and Michelle. I have about $5 left from week one that I'll probably use for some Oberweiss milk today - a 1/2 gallon has lasted me, but I've had to use it a little sparingly.

Tonight it's BBQ spare ribs in the crockpot. After that, I'll have just a small amount of turkey burger and about 1/2 of the bacon left. I've honestly eaten much more meat during the past week than usual...but it's taken the place of processed and preserved stuff I typically turn to when I'm rushed. Lean frozen dinners have been replaced by amazing leftovers for lunch. I've pretty much stopped craving granola bars (or my fave, Fiber One bars), but when I've needed a carb-y snack, the zucchini bread fits the bill. I may have to cut back on that, though...I'm going to gain weight!!

This Market food is so unbelievably good that I make wonderful meal after wonderful meal...this morning I had french toast (THAT AMISH BREAD!!! OMG!!!) and bacon. For lunch it's leftover turkey meatloaf and country green beans from the other night. Spare ribs and cornbread for dinner!! Who AM I??

So today I start my list again. I'm hoping to squeeze in more fruit as well as sliced ham for sandwiches (Triple S). Other than whole wheat flour, I won't need more dried goods for now. I have about 9 eggs so another dozen should do me, just to be sure. (gonna give boiling another try!! lol) You can bet I'll be hightailing it to the bread folks (Homestead Bakery & Great Harvest). I'm in love with that Amish bread (can you tell), and just *maybe* will be able to treat myself to some cookies or cinnamon rolls. Maybe...but I do want to fit in my clothes after these three weeks!!!

No comments: