Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pasta Alley

I'm LONG overdue on this mention...every time I've been to the market, I've taken note of how friendly and helpful the folks with Pasta Alley are. They feature a wonderful variety of noodles with creative and delicious flavors, and are always glad to offer sauce suggestions, cooking tips, etc. According to their website, they sell original pastas, sauces, soups, bread mixes, bread dippers, and specialty egg noodles - albeit a smaller selection of stuff at the market. They do a lot ofSince last Saturday was the first shopping day of my Locavore adventure, I made it a point to introduce myself to vendors and explain what I would be doing. The woman working at Pasta Alley (and I'm ashamed that I can't remember her name - I think it's Jennifer?) couldn't have been more enthusiastic or interested, and her attitude was infectious.

Their pasta is outstanding - this week I'm eating garlic and herb which is great with olive oil, garlic, fresh tomatoes, and onions. The best part of Pasta Alley? Let me quote from their website:

"Our original business focuses on serving the developmentally disabled population both residentially and vocationally. Purchasing Pasta Alley has allowed us to incorporate our mission of providing meaningful working opportunities to our clients while allowing them to participate and take pride in producing a fun and exciting product line."

It feels so great to support their business...their cause.

No comments: