Sunday, September 14, 2008

Off my game


Talk about life getting in the way of your plans...I'm totally distracted right now, when I need to be planning my meals for tomorrow and uploading some of the pics I took at yesterday's market on this blog. The torrential rains earlier today wreaked havoc on our neighborhood, though. It's an old street with equally old drainage systems, and it couldn't handle hours and hours of heavy rain. The flooding was so dramatic that even after it receded, the clean up went on for the rest of the day. I stuck to my locavore eating with bacon and an omelette with veggies for lunch, and pesto pasta for dinner...but my fresh salad and fruit went by the wayside.

But tomorrow is another day, and thank goodness the rains of Ike seem to have subsided.

No comments: