Monday, September 22, 2008

Back in the Groove

As soon as I pulled in the driveway and unpacked my bag last night, it was time to get back on track with TFAM. I was cleaning lettuce and boiling pasta and chopping veggies and planning out today's meals. I'm glad to have regained my focus and while I'm stressed about a VERY busy week, I feel terrific.

You know, THAT is what I've been thinking about the most today - how incredibly GOOD I feel. Everyone asks right off, "have you lost weight??" They assume that because I'm eating so many fruits and veggies and no "treats," that I must be wasting away. Once I remind them that the Market has fantastic meat and Amish bread, I assure them that being hungry and dropping pounds are NOT results of the plan. I don't own a scale but I'd guess I'm the same, really.

More importantly, I feel wonderful. Yes, there's some added stress with food preparation and cleanup, but overall I'm pretty happy and relaxed. I don't get cranky due to hunger between meals, and there's been none of that soaring up and crashing down from a sugary mid-afternoon treat or soda. I'm sure it's a combination of things:

1. Nutritious, fresh, tasty food
2. Lack of preservatives, chemicals, hormones, hydrogenated garbage, etc
3. Working hard at something I'm very excited about
4. Interacting with the people responsible for my food - gosh, I love hanging at the Market and getting to know the vendors.
5. Knowing that I'm doing my small part to promote localism and (at least for now) step away from large scale agri-business and the corporate takeover of, well, everything.

Don't worry, I'm not going to start preaching. : ) I just feel so upbeat and positive and I am 100% certain my healthy Market diet is playing a huge part in that. Please, come out to the Market this Saturday and see what I mean. Even though TFAM techically ends after this week, I still plan to be there.

No comments: