Thursday, September 18, 2008

Long day...


Today was a bit stressful. Because I had a remote broadcast at Krannert from 5-7 (and plans after 7), I had to do some serious food planning. I slept really late, but it didn't matter - before work I basically had to make stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That was a strain, as you can imagine. But before The Farmer and Michelle I would've thrown whatever I could find in my backpack, and while it wouldn't have been total junk I would have been hungry most of the day. While it was high mania to get it all ready at 7am, I had plenty of food to get me through.

Since I still had about $15 from Saturday's Market money, I decided to stop by Strawberry Fields on my way to Krannert. I treated myself to a bag of organic tortilla chips, some chocolate chunk cookies (!!!), a huge water (1.5 litres - will reuse it many times for sports) bottle, a small loaf of french bread (to go with some more pasta tomorrow), and a bottle of peach fizzy drink. Yes, the drink was a total treat since I've only had 3 sodas in the past couple weeks. But before you holler at me for going off track, remember that we'd agreed that I could supplement my diet with stuff from the co-op or Strawberry Fields. By the way, I spent a little under $10.

I bought the chips and cookies to take to my parents' house this Saturday. My aunt and uncle will be celebrating their 60th anniversary on Sunday so I'm driving home after my Market shopping. I'll admit right now that I plan to make some concessions at their celebratory brunch, but I'll do my best to eat "according to plan" during the rest of the visit. I really need something to distract me from the bad stuff at my parents' house, and I'm hoping a few treats from here will do the trick.


I plan to buy some tasty Market meat to cook up at home on Saturday night. : ) You can find chicken, ribs, turkey, stewmeat, beef tenderloin steaks, ribeyes, ground beef, beef roasts, pork roasts and chops, Italian and Polish sausages, bacon, breakfast sausage patties, and ground pork, lamb, and more. It's funny - what I hear more than ANYTHING from co-workers and friends is, "Wow. I didn't realize the Market sold meat!!!" Maybe I'll buy some stuff for salad as well and actually cook my parents dinner.

I hope that having those cookies from Strawberry Fields (and perhaps something else from the Co-op on Saturday morning) will help me avoid the ice cream, chocolate covered raisins, Snickers, mixed nuts, popcorn, and anything else that may be whispering at me from my parents' cupboards.

1 comment:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

"... the ice cream, chocolate covered raisins, Snickers, mixed nuts, popcorn, and anything else that may be whispering at me from my parents' cupboards."

Oh, my! Better put in some earplugs. Best wishes!