Monday, September 29, 2008

A new week...

Well, I'm still here even though TFAM is over. I feel like continuing my blog; we'll see what direction it takes as time goes on.

I've continued to eat pretty well (and mostly Market food), although I confess that I did have two meals out over the weekend. After painting for 5 hours PLUS each day, cooking dinner just wasn't happening. I had a burger combo Saturday and a humongous burrito last night. Were they good? The burrito was, and I wolfed down the fries. Did I feel guilty? Yeah, I kinda did, on nutritional and moral levels. Will I go out to eat again frequently? Yes. I know my lifestyle and my habits.

I do have some changes planned, for sure. I think I've put off writing them down because that sets things in stone and makes it harder to change my mind. One that I'll state for the "record" today - no more frozen dinners. They're so convenient for lunch, especially since I eat while I'm on the air. The lean ones aren't too high in calories, but the sodium content is ridiculous. They aren't a good choice for many reasons...and I can't get out of my head that I read that the meat (e.g. salisbury steak) is often from baby cows killed almost immediately after birth for that purpose. It will be more challenging to come up with something fresh for lunch every day, but it's definitely doable.

No comments: