Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thanks for the Shout Out!

My friend Angie Heaton (yes, the local musician turned vintage bracelet maker at the Market) told me today that I was mentioned on local blog Smile Politely. I find that very exciting and cool. Thanks so much - I'm thrilled to be used as an example of locavorism and am honored to be mentioned in such a great local resource. Check out their blog - it's tremendously entertaining and informative.

Thanks also to Steve Plock and Tricia Ravelo, UI students covering local beats who interviewed me for class projects (environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, respectively). It was fun as a radio person to be the subject of an interview for once, and more importantly I'm really happy to get the locavore story out to students. If they send me copies of their work, I'll definitely post it here. : )

No comments: