Friday, September 5, 2008

My Last Meal

...just some humor there. It's not that bad!! : ) I'm getting really excited and nervous about shopping at the market tomorrow; I did, however, go out to eat tonight and stuff myself with a huge muffaleta sandwich and two sweet teas. I'd considered a Big Mac or something deep-fried, but couldn't bring myself to go that far.

I tend to procrastinate and I worry that I haven't prepared enough for the upcoming week. I've flipped through several cookbooks geared toward farmers markets and seasonal eating, and printed out several recipes from my fave online resource, www.allrecipes.com. A friend gave me an excellent cookbook that I plan to use religiously - Simply in Season. I love pasta so you can bet that I'll be eating pasta with homemade sauce and maybe some fresh pesto at least once this week. At least once...

My skeletal plan for tomorrow:

1. Take envelope with $100 in cash (don't mug me). Spend about 80% of it, leaving a cushion in case I need something from the Common Ground Co-Op.

2. Arrive at the market with a basic shopping list. Of course it's 9:00 and I haven't started one, so that may be optimistic on my part.

3. Greet the vendors, ask questions, and start buying!

4. Write down what I bought, from whom, and how much it cost. I'll be able to give some if not all of that information to you as we go, so we both can see where the money went and how well it lasted.

5. Start cooking!

No comments: